UNWTO Collaboration Conditions
UNWTO COLLABORATION CONDITIONS
FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES AND OTHER EDUCATION RELATED ACTIVITIES
Education, training and research are recognized by the World Tourism Organization as one of the most important factors to assure the sustainability and competitiveness of Tourism Destinations.
Bearing in mind the fundamental quest to widen and strengthen education and training capabilities in tourism around the world, represented on the recurrent demands form UNWTO Member States, considering the UNWTO.Themis Foundation’s mandate and the needs from the private sector, UNWTO has established these Collaboration Conditions that define the requirements and procedures that Institutions wishing to launch postgraduate studies in collaboration with UNWTO must comply with.
This initiative is aimed at UNWTO.TedQual/Affiliate Member Institutions who express their intention to develop new joint Postgraduate programmes and other types of education and training activities with UNWTO.
Education and training institutions who comply with the requirements are invited to submit their expressions of interest by filling-in the Project Submission Form and sending it to:
UNWTO.TedQual Programme Manager
The project proposal will be submitted to a special board of experts (TedQual Advisory Board) who will assess the proposal, evaluate its adequacy, and propose improvements when needed. The approval by this Board is a requisite for the signature of the corresponding Collaboration Agreement.
Collaboration will be effective through a contract signed by the partner institution and UNWTO.Themis and the projects would be disseminated and marketed as a joint venture
1- For proposals from a single Institution
- Partner institutions must have at least 1 UNWTO.TedQual Certified Programme; and must be (or initiate the process) to become a UNWTO Affiliate Member
- Letter of endorsement from the NTA from the Institution’s country, similar to the one presented for Affiliate Membership.
2- For proposals from two or more associated Institutions (joint-venture)
- One of the associated Institutions must have at least 1 UNWTO.TedQual Certified Programme;
- One of the associated Institutions must be (or initiate the process) to become a UNWTO Affiliate Member
- Letter of endorsement from the NTA from each Institution’s country, similar to the one presented for Affiliate Membership.
Potential Benefits for Partner Institutions
- The UNWTO.Themis Foundation will provide content for the Programme.
- Visiting lecturers, from UNWTO.TedQual Institutions worldwide, may lecture one special seminar on a topic related to the main areas of knowledge of the Programme. A separate certificate will be issued by UNWTO for these Seminars.
- E-Library access, as an Affiliate Member
- Joint promotion campaign for the Programme
Programme costs are expected to be financed through the tuition fees that each institution charges the students, or the financial support it may obtain from other donors.
Services provided by Themis to partner institutions should be recuperated through both a fixed and variable contributions that will be set for each specific programme.
The project proposal should ensure that full scholarships are provided for a minimum number of candidates nominated by UNWTO Member States.