The UNWTO.Themis Foundation is looking for course coordinators for set projects
The UNWTO.Themis Foundation is looking for course coordinators for set projects, with the following competencies:
be able to work and speak fluently in English and another UNWTO official language
- have very good experience on teaching and training
- have a good knowledge of UNWTO's work and programmes
- preferably know the tourism reality of the region
- have good internet connection and computer for online work
- have abilities and skills to:
- set objectives, which are achievable and measurable
- work with a team online and onsite, and independently
- manage time effectively/using action planning skills
- prioritise tasks effectively
- organise and motivate others
- take the initiative
- complete work to a deadline
- help others to define problems
- find quickly and easily solutions
- be flexible - prepared to adapt goals in the light of changing situations
- write reports and other documents
- be sensitive to other people values and feelings
- make effective use of dress, conduct, speech
- make a speech in front of an audience (thinking up an interesting way to put across your message, structuring your presentation, using audio-visual aids effectively, successfully building a rapport with your audience.)
- persevere when things are not working out
- take a positive attitude to frustration/failure
- identify the steps needed to achieve goals
- accurately hear what is said
- able to clarify and summarise what has been communicated
- have telephone skills (think through in advance what you want to say, and keep business calls to the point.)
- accept responsibility for mistakes/wrong decisions
- find where the required information is available
The course coordinator is expected to provide the following services, with the support and under the supervision of the UNWTO.Themis Foundation:
- work part-time online for 2-4 months, and full-time onsite for 10-12 days
- plan, coordinate, supervise and support the facilitator’s work before, during and after the course
- coordinate with the National Tourism Organisation the hosting of the course
- lead the preparatory visit
- be one of the tutors for the fieldwork day
- write the final report of the course
If you wish to apply please send your CV and a small BIO paragraph (see below) to Claudio Blaires, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: All candidacies will be considered and evaluated, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We will keep all resumes on file for coming initiatives. We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest and trust.
MINI BIO SAMPLE:
[Name and Surname]
[Mobile phone number]
has over [number of years] in the tourism sector, and especially in [topics of expertise].
(S)He is currently [current position(s) and details].
Previously, (s)he was [previous positions and details].
(S)he has published [titles and dates of publications].
[and any other relevant information].